Forms and Documents
NIH Budget Information
Link to Resource
- Modular Budget (≤ $250k in direct costs in each period): Utilize the Current Salary Cap with no salary escalation.
- Detailed Budget (> $250k in direct costs in any period): Utilize one of the following three budget methods. Each proposal must use a single method for all UIUC personnel:
- Salary Cap and NRSA Stipend Levels (NIAID)
- NRSA Levels - Fellowship and Training Grant Costs (FY21)
- "Direct Cost" Limits:
- The NIH direct cost calculation excludes subaward/consortium F&A costs.
- The NIH direct cost calculation does not alter the standard MTDC-based budgeting method (i.e. F&A on first $25k of each sub).
- Prior sponsor approval (before proposal submission) is required for direct costs greater than $500,000 (less subaward F&A) in any period
Related Research Topics
Type of Document
- Resource Tools